I'm trying to help my kids with their audio set up.
They have a:
* Raspberry Pi 3 plugged in via headphone to RCA jack to a
* good set of powered speakers
* 500 GB / 65,000 song music library (songs either MP3 or AAC) on external HD
* running Volumino as the music client
* controlling through the app on their iPhones using the apartment's WiFi
The music plays perfectly but the search function is horrible. So bad they give up and just play whatever song is there or plug their phones direct to the jack, while their phones still have headphone jacks , and just play that stuff.
I wonder what the bottleneck could be. Is it the computer, the audio client, the iPhone app? (I assume it isn't the hard drive as the music plays -- unless there is some weird indexing thing going on).
Any suggestions? Would it help to get rid of the iPhone and get a touch screen to control the Pi? ...