esbenr

Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) on Raspberry Pi 3

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi,

I have been reading through several thread ons this topic, but all links are dead and very old.

Does anyone have experiences with installing Logitech Media Server (Squeexebox Server) on a Raspberry Pi 3?
I expect to use a Rasberian OS thet was provided with my RPI3.

I'm hoping to find a step by sted guide.

Thanks in advance,

Esben

fruitoftheloom

Re: Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) on Raspberry P

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:22 pm

esbenr wrote:Hi,

I have been reading through several thread ons this topic, but all links are dead and very old.

Does anyone have experiences with installing Logitech Media Server (Squeexebox Server) on a Raspberry Pi 3?
I expect to use a Rasberian OS thet was provided with my RPI3.

I'm hoping to find a step by sted guide.

Thanks in advance,

Esben
Would Plex suffice ??

https://www.element14.com/community/com ... berry-pi-3

Adieu

Man in a van

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:05 pm

max2play

Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:31 am

Hi guys,
Our OS actually combines both a preinstalled Squeezelite player and a one-click installer for the newest Squeezebox Server to both work on one Pi. Combined with our extensive sound card support, this makes Max2Play the ideal solution for audio multiroom systems with the Raspberry Pi.

You can even run multiple Squeezelite players on one Pi with our premium plugin MultiSqueeze, use Bluetooth speakers or a smartphone/tablet to pair with our Bluetooth plugin 2.0 and add touchscreen control with our implementation of the clean, beautiful GUI Jivelite.

The whole OS is actually based on Raspbian Jessie lite, so you will also be able to install or change things via SSH as with a normal Raspbian image.

Check out our free image downloads to see for yourselves.
OS Developer Account
Visit Max2Play at www.max2play.com

petez69

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 am

Easy as....

Do your usual apt-get update, apt-get upgrade

then go here for the latest version of Slimserver:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightl ... hp?ver=7.9

Grab this file:
Logitech Media Server: Debian Installer Package (i386, x86_64, ARM EABI, PowerPC)

then simply (as root or sudo) dpkg -i filename.deb

It will install and start.....it cant be simpler

Pete

Sutherland

Sat May 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Petez69 solution worked great for me, thanks

But I have my music on an external disk mounted under media/pi which I cant see on the LMS folder list

I believe this is due to a problem with permissions?

Can anyone give me a step by step solution?

Thanks

Edit: Found this: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/M ... HardDrives
from here: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10666&start=75

bayard1music

Re: Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Hello All,

I'm also trying to install the Logitech Squeezeboxserver on to a Raspberry Pi, unfortunately with little success to date. I've Rev 1.0 Pi (pretty slow) and have attempted to install the server. I've downloaded and installed LogitechMediaServer_v7.9.0 , with
RASPBIAN STRETCH WITH DESKTOP. I've carried out an O/S package update and rebooted. All I can see in the Sqeezeserver log file is repeated statements of the following type: 'Logitech Media Server died: Restarting'

I can see the squeezeboxserver with the aid of the 'Top' command but unable to browse to the appropriate IP address. I've experience of running under Windows but not under Linux.

Can any body offer any pointers/ help. What can I do to resolve this if anything .

(I've also tried the 7.7.5 and nightly build release with no success)

I've an engineering background (electronics) but not a Linux developer. So the environment is still somewhat fresh for me.

I've managed to use SSH to connect to the Pi from a remote PC and also have a monitor and keyboard locally attached.

Is this a Raspberry Pi , revision issue i.e. hardware or related to the software , install process.

Thanks and advance for any help.

(By the way , do not wish to run Max2play as I simply wish to run the server and not be dependent on another 3rd party program)

Alan

drgeoff

Re: Logitech Media Server (Squeezebox Server) on Raspberry Pi 3

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Have a look at picoreplayer. That has optional install of LMS and you don't need to use the player part at all.http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/mai ... ayer.shtml

Whatever way you get LMS running, also look at two plugins - Chromecast Bridge and DLNA/UPNP Bridge (both by the same developer). They let you use those devices as clients.

Return to “Media centres”