tpking

Music player with small touchscreen and CD drive?

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 am

Hi,
I am a total beginner here and saw some great examples of building a music player with raspberry pi and is itching to try.

1) usually i saw examples/instructions on building with a 7" touchscreen. that looks an overkill (and very expensive) to me. Can I build with a smaller screen (while still have a nice case)?

2) i still have a big collection of CDs which i haven't digitized yet (my computers don't have CD drive anymore...) any chance I can fit it into the build? (again, having a nice case to hide all of the wires etc)

Thanks a lot

RaTTuS

Re: Music player with small touchscreen and CD drive?

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 am

How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

tpking

Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks.

Any ideas if volumio works well with small screens? And CD drive? Or would u have other suggestions?

And any ideas about cases?

Thanks a lot

RaTTuS

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm

I'd rip the CD's , and not take that with me , there are cases that will be fine with various displays - find one that works with the display you want,
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Algester

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm

My end goal to one of my Pi3 is also eerily similar right now I have a Justboom DAC HAT installed and using OSMC
but my total end goal for that one is to actually turn it into a portable flac player (I don't have access to a battery that I could build into the Pi yet so I use an Anker 10K mAh battery its strong enough, nor do I have electrical engineering background to know what the hell I'm suppose to do if I want to use those power amplifier modules to make a built in battery for the Pi)
I was thinking about getting an Adafruit 3.5" Capacitive touch screen but my problems are how will I be able to interface with the screen with the Hat on. Justboom says I can actually solder another set of connectors from the Hat which I can stack another peripheral. But having not seen the Adafruit screen in the first place I'm not sure if I should just desolder the current connectors on the DAC HAT and use a stacking header instead I can buy one but it's online and it will be a gamble.

and then build a newer case around the entire thing and find a more miniature storage to store all the flac I could rip right now I'm using an external hard disk.

tl;dr if I use the Anker 10K mAh battery will it be able to support the DAC along with the Screen, next if desoldering the existing header on the DAC hat and placing a stacking header won't affect the HAT's connectivity with the PI3

Return to “Media centres”