Interferal

Use Raspberry pi as wifi/network speakers

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm pretty new to raspberry but I want to install my raspberry pi as a network/WiFi speaker/audio streaming center but I was wondering what modules and software I should be running to accomplish this. I need to have access to 2 aux-in ports (or one aux-in and a pair of stereo cables) and 8 wire terminals for my stereo speakers (like you have on the Hifiberry amp+ board but 2 more).

I asked some of my friends what they use for there stereo systems in there home but there's are just two speakers and no extra aux inputs so they just use a raspberry pi a+ (because of there efficiency) with an Hifiberry amp+ module, Pi MusicBox as there operating system and a WiFi dongle to take care of all there WiFi streaming needs.

Could anyone recommend me a raspberry pi build (hard- and software) that fit to my needs?

Thanks in advance,
Interferal

BlackKnight_UK

Re: Use Raspberry pi as wifi/network speakers

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 am

I'm not sure if its what you are looking for but I'm trying to build a music player that holds all my MP3s and connects to my amplifier via a pair of RCA audio inputs (L/R). I'm trying this using a WD Labs Node Zero.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspber ... ic-System/

Return to “Media centres”