For those interested in trying out Liberty BASIC v5.0 which includes support for the Raspberry Pi please visit this page for more information.
http://libertybasiccom.proboards.com/bo ... y-basic-v5
A summary of what's new in this build is below.
-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
Build 350 Notes
For Windows use the lb5alpha.exe file.
For Linux 32-bit use the lin32-350 file: ./lin32-350 lb5alpha.im
For Raspberry Pi use the rpi-alpha file: ./rpi-alpha lb5alpha.im
For MacOS double click on the lb5-350 app. You may need to press and hold
right click to popup a menu and use Ctrl+Open to overcome permissions.
- Added the SpecialKey$ global variable for capturing special keys in the
graphics window. If keys such as Page Up, F1, Home, etc. are pressed when
the "when characterInput" feature is specified, the value of the keypress
will be assigned to SpecialKey$ in the form of "PAGEUP", "F1", "HOME", etc.
- Fixed the setfocus feature of the graphicbox and graphics windows. It wasn't
doing anything for #handle "setfocus" and it wasn't implemented at all for
- Implemented upto$() function from LB4.
- Implemented replstr$() function from LB4.
- Implemented remchar$() function from LB4.
- Implemented endswith() function from LB4.
- Implemented after$() function from LB4.
- Implemented afterlast$() function from LB4.
- Added HTTPS support for httpget$() function.
- Fixed #graphics set(x, y) to use the pen size to draw larger pixels.
- Enabled the BASIC Source Code Path option in the preferences dialog.
- Optimized some graphics drawing to make things a little faster.
- Fixed #text selectall(). Note that the window must be active for the
selection to be visible. This will be fixed later.
- Fixed the not understood error using LOF() on Linux, MacOS, and Raspian.
- Tweaked the BASIC code editor font to make it slightly smaller. Later the
font will be user specifiable.
- Fixed the Tab key handling in the BASIC code editor that it will insert
spaces when the tab key is used to make it work like earlier versions of
- Added support for ODBC database connectivity. See example callerODBC.bas.
- Added LPRINT and DUMP commands.
- Renamed the RUN command to LIBRARY and made a new RUN command that works
similar to the RUN from Liberty BASIC v4.x, but RUN doesn't yet run .BAS
programs. You can use LIBRARY for that.
- Added a #handle "print" command for graphics printing. Only partly functional
at this time.
- The confirm statement was not properly returning 0 or 1 and "no" and "yes"
depending on whether a numeric or string variable was used for the return value.
- BASIC Source Code Path is now supported in the Liberty BASIC preferences.
- Reactivated the Main window columns: rows: fields in the Liberty BASIC