nfuhs

Golang for beginners on Raspberry Pi Guide Copyright question

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi,

I plan to write an open guide for Golang beginners on the Raspberry Pi and I would like to know if I have to not copyright and legal trademarks by the Raspberry Pi Foundation and if this guide has to be proven by the Raspberry Pi Foundation?

Best,

Norbert

Heater

Re: Golang for beginners on Raspberry Pi Guide Copyright question

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Of course not. Just publish your tutorial on a blog or whatever. Like everyone else does.

hippy

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:56 pm

You should note and acknowledge any trademarks of the Foundation and others.

You would not usually have to note any copyrights but you may need permission if using any copyrighted material yourself, and it is always good practice to acknowledge when such permission has been granted. That can also apply to any images you may use.

It is unlikely anything you write has to be approved by the Foundation or that they would insist on any editorial influence but it may be worth asking if they wish to cast an eye over it for correctness or comment out of courtesy upon completion.

That is likely to be more appropriate if publishing something substantial or using a physical medium such as a book where it is in the interests of both parties to have things as good as they can be.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/trademark-rules

Of course, one can probably get away without doing any of that, but it is always best to do it right, and credit is deserved just for asking. And one never knows; not Pi related, but I have had my fair share of 'cease and desist' notices for missing trademark attributions, incorrect use of logos, and the like. All innocently or inadvertently done and all amicably resolved, but best to avoid them to start with.

nfuhs

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks for the great reply hippy I just wanted to be sure I'm on the rightway before I start the guide which will be a free Gitbook..

I just wanted to avoid any trouble with the Raspberry Pi Foundation and I will always follow their Trademark Rules and Guidlines since this is the first time I will write an Guide and the writing process will be public as aa work in progress guide I just wanted to be sure about all legale trademark aspects..

When I upload the first chapters to https://www.gitbook.com/ I will make a new thread here and see how the rpeonse will be and hopefully this will help me if there are any problems with the community very fast. I alos hope to get suggestions by the Raspberry Pi Community :D

Thanks a lot for your replys!

Imperf3kt

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Why did you make two threads about the same thing?
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=193251
Pi3b - 'normal use' temperature (25% CPU load) 76℃, ambient 21℃

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 am

Imperf3kt wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 pm
Why did you make two threads about the same thing?
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=193251
Locking as such - please don't duplicate posts.
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Return to “Other languages”