antiloquax

Scheme implementations

Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Chicken and Bigloo are available in the repos, but I also fancied having a look at Gambit (which does nice things like flashing parentheses as you close them) and Scheme48.
I've compiled both and here are the binaries if anyone wants to try / test them.

Gambit
Scheme48

antiloquax

Re: Scheme implementations

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Since I've started this thread, I thought I'd post up the link to the MIT Scheme binaries.
This took over 24 hours to build on the Pi, so if you want to try it out this could save you some time.
MIT Scheme ARM tar.gz.

:mrgreen:

Girozhin

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 am

antiloquax wrote:Since I've started this thread, I thought I'd post up the link to the MIT Scheme binaries.
This took over 24 hours to build on the Pi, so if you want to try it out this could save you some time.
MIT Scheme ARM tar.gz.

:mrgreen:
Could you please write a complete plan how to install binaries you attached, or could you please give a step-by-step plan how to compile it myself? (I am new to the raspberry world, and now I want to use it in sicp course)

antiloquax

Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:43 pm

The simple answer (if you are using Arch) is ... unpack the archive:

Code: Select all

tar -xzf mit-scheme.tar.gz
This will give you a folder called "mit-scheme-9.1.1_ARM".
Inside this is a folder called "usr".
Copy this folder into your ~/usr folder. It will put the executables into /usr/local (so it's easy to remove them) and the other files into /usr/local/lib.

Then you should be able to type "scheme" in a terminal to bring up the interpreter.

If you want to compile it yourself, you will need a patch which you can find here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mit-s ... 00002.html

antiloquax

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:04 pm

I have just checked this with the latest Raspbian image.
There is an error that I cannot explain at the moment - relating to a shared object file.
However, it seems to be running okay. If I get a chance I will try to fix this - in the meantime, you can type:

Code: Select all

(restart 1)

to dismiss the error message and continue (see screenshot).
Attachments
scheme.png
scheme.png (51.92 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

Return to “Other programming languages”