Visagalis

LISP on RPI?

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:37 pm

I know this has been done before but I can't seem to find any solution to this problem.

I tried installing CCL (Clozure Common Lisp) on my RPI and followed the directions from http://lispm.de/ccl
I managed to install all the necessary prerequisite packages and I fixed the floating point issue as well.
Unfortunately, I always keep getting "Segmentation Fault" no matter what I do!

I'm curious if anyone who's installed CCL has encountered this error before and if there is a possible solution.
Thanks!

Heater

Re: LISP on RPI?

Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:34 pm

According to your linked article:

Clozure Associates - Clozure Common Lisp is developed and supported by Clozure Associates, a company which also offers consulting in Common Lisp programming.

I guess they are the people to ask.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

RaTTuS

Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:39 pm

sudo apt-get install clisp #? is that not lisp
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Visagalis

Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Heater wrote:According to your linked article:

Clozure Associates - Clozure Common Lisp is developed and supported by Clozure Associates, a company which also offers consulting in Common Lisp programming.

I guess they are the people to ask.
Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to give it a shot. Hope they aren't like the people that just never reply back

Visagalis

Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:05 pm

RaTTuS wrote:sudo apt-get install clisp #? is that not lisp
I've done that too, I was just curious if their was any fix for CCL because a lot of people seem to have chosen CCL for speed and efficiency and it seems like I'm the only one who keeps running into this peculiar problem.

enedil

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:05 pm

Visagalis wrote:
RaTTuS wrote:sudo apt-get install clisp #? is that not lisp
I've done that too, I was just curious if their was any fix for CCL because a lot of people seem to have chosen CCL for speed and efficiency.
It looks like SBCL can be a compiler of choice for a big chunk of Common LISP community that is fast and production-ready.
- What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the Experience of the Past Million Years?
- Nothing.

Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

tufty

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:49 am

enedil wrote:It looks like SBCL can be a compiler of choice for a big chunk of Common LISP community that is fast and production-ready.
SBCL's pretty good, but unless something's changed since last time I looked, it doesn't support native threading on ARM, which would make CCL the go-to choice.

Return to “Other programming languages”