ChicagoBob123

Pi4, Coral TPU, TensorFlow. install HadoopFileSystem load error

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:41 pm

Google makes it impossible to enjoy tensor flow on a Pi. I see no place to go for installation issues that actually provides support. So I am asking here and maybe someone can even point me in the right direction for support of a Pi4 and Coral TPU and tensorflow.
After installing the latest which is tensorflow-2.1.0-cp37-cp37m-linux_armv7l.whl
when I run any tensorflow code I get this error
E tensorflow/core/platform/hadoop/hadoop_file_system.cc:132] HadoopFileSystem load error: libhdfs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

yoshi1234

Re: Pi4, Coral TPU, TensorFlow. install HadoopFileSystem load error

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:26 am

I was troubled by the same symptoms.
It's lite, but is it useless?
Refer to URL : https://coral.ai/docs/accelerator/get-started/

ChicagoBob123

Re: Pi4, Coral TPU, TensorFlow. install HadoopFileSystem load error

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:57 pm

Yes so far I find Coral and the Pi a useless combination. Once you mess up you need to reload the Pi and OS and start from scratch.
I have already spent days struggling to put them together
Google is selling their board at $150.00 with a Yocto Linux build which is limiting as to what hardware and tools you can use with the board.
That just sucks.
On the other side there is compute stick and Intel who makes windows easy and linux a nightmare and the Pi near impossible.

I will add I am not a Linux OS expert so who knows, someone may be able to dive into compiler switches and somehow make all of these work but I am a mere mortal with limited time and growing exceedingly tired of people make stuff that harder to work with than it needs to be.
The Pi has always been so open and download X do Y and now you can start, maybe I just expect too much from a company with thousands of developers like Google or Intel to make something that you can just plug and play and enjoy.

Return to “Other programming languages”