adammw

Cross-compiling for 3.2.27 kernel

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm using the tools from the raspberrypi github page, specifically the arm-bcm2708hardfp-linux-gnueabi compilers, however the resulting binary ends up being (when read with the file command: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 3.3.4, not stripped) and when I try to execute the program, bash just says no such file or directory. Another executable from another source works, and when read with the file command reads: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 3.1.10, not stripped).
I'm on kernel version 3.2.27, so I'd assume that's why the 3.3.4 one doesn't work. Anyway around this, am I doing something wrong? Or are the crosscompilers designed for working with a newer kernel (and is such a kernel available)?

Thanks.

schroeder

Re: Cross-compiling for 3.2.27 kernel

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 am

There are to kernel types one uses hardfloat and one softfloat. They are not compatible !!! Use the softfloat gcc that is also included in raspberry tools.

zia_7575

Re: Cross-compiling for 3.2.27 kernel

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:57 am

Hey ,

I am cross compiling the kernel. I followed this link http://mitchtech.net/raspberry-pi-kernel-compile/.
Kernel successfully built and run on the board. but it fails to load any module as mouse and keyboard stop responding. Please guide me through this...Thanks.

Regards,
Zia

Return to “C/C++”