Robotnik

Port Eddystone for mbed to Raspberry Pi Model 3+

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Hello,
I am at Ideation phase of my startup. I would like to create a PoS that takes payments using BLE. To pay at checkout, a customer will just hover his/her phone at 5 to 10 cm above the PoS. The PoS sends a payment request to the customer's phone using BLE. The BLE payment request message wakes the payment app on the phone.The payment app then asks the customer's to authenticate and authorise the payment....
The ble messages will be formatted using the Google Eddystone standard.

I would like to create a prototype using the Raspberry Pi model 3+ but have no knowledge of C/C++. I have done some research and found the mbed Eddystone implementation at https://github.com/google/eddystone/tre ... tions/mbed.
Could someone please port it to the Raspberry Pi Model 3+.

topguy

Re: Port Eddystone for mbed to Raspberry Pi Model 3+

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 pm

I would like to create a prototype using the Raspberry Pi model 3+ but have no knowledge of C/C++
What programming languages do you know then ?
Is it a requirement to use C/C++ ?

I think the Bluetooth/BLE stack on Linux called Bluez already has Eddystone support so you might just need to integrate with Bluez with the programming language of choice.

Robotnik

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 pm

What programming languages do you know then ?
I have just started learning Golang. But I am not yet good at it.
Is it a requirement to use C/C++?
No.
I am only developing a prototype and all the hardwork has already been done by mbed in C/C++. It will be easier to change just a few lines for it to work.
Mbed says,
Porting the code
1. Edit Eddystone_config.h, most boards should work with changes only to this file.
2. There are #defines for each target board, just add your own #define to the list
I think the Bluetooth/BLE stack on Linux called Bluez already has Eddystone support so you might just need to integrate with Bluez with the programming language of choice.
BlueZ provides support for the core Bluetooth layers and protocols. It is basically the foundation on which eddystone runs. But it doesn't implement eddystone.

Please have a look at the source code at https://github.com/google/eddystone/tre ... tions/mbed

Douglas6

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:15 pm

This looks to be a commercial product. Have you considered hiring a developer at fair market value to do your work for you?

Return to “C/C++”