arehexes

What web framework do you guys prefer?

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:43 pm

So I'm looking into starting some webdev and thinking about using python cause I enjoy it a lot. Question is I was thinking of using Flask and was wondering if anyone here uses it to see what they think of it.

paddyg

Re: What web framework do you guys prefer?

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:46 pm

I used Fask for a project and it seemed quick and easy. No experience of others to compare
also https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB&fromgroups=#!forum/pi3d

ghp

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:44 pm

Hello,

I use cherrypy embedded in my scratchClient to monitor low level events and config files.
Nice documentation, quick ramp up and a world of ciiustomizations if needed.

Regards,
Gerhard

gkreidl

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:01 pm

I've been using Karrigell for many years now. There's version 3.1.1 for Python 2.x and version 4 for Python 3.
Very easy to learn, but powerful nevertheless. User management (including different roles), support for different kinds of data bases, RSS feeds, email, a simple templating system and much more.
On real internet servers I use it in proxy mode behind lighttpd; for in house applications I use the built-in threaded web server.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

riklaunim

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm using Django, but not related to Raspberry Pi. Our company software stack is Django, Python3, Postgresql, Redis, Celery and Nginx/Gunicorn for production server. Very efficient to work with and to run on production :)

Return to “Python”