tewe

Minecraft Pi Edition API

Mon May 12, 2014 6:30 am

Hi!

I am a beginner when it comes to Python, I am trying to learn it using the Minecraft API. I am trying to make a program that places a GoldBlock instead of every block I step on. This is the code that I have written:

Code: Select all

import minecraft.minecraft as minecraft
import minecraft.block as block
import time

mc = minecraft.Minecraft.create()
playerPosition = mc.player.getPos()
post = mc.postToChat
blockType = mc.getBlock(playerPosition.x, playerPosition.y -1, playerPosition.z)

if __name__ == "__main__":

while ('True'):
		if not blockType == 9 or blockType == 0:
			mc.setBlock(playerPosition.x, playerPosition.y -1, playerPosition.z,block.GOLD_BLOCK)

while ('True'):
			mc.setBlock(playerPosition.x, playerPosition.y -1, playerPosition.z,block.GOLD_BLOCK)
In the later code is a WhileLoop. I am pretty sure that it is this part of the code that is incorrect. When I run the program from LXTerminal it runs properly. But it is only the block that the player stands on when the program executes that is transformed into gold.

I really appreciate all of your help!
I'm a swedish viking with big beard, I like to eat raspberry pi.

DougieLawson

Re: Minecraft Pi Edition API

Mon May 12, 2014 7:33 am

You only read mc.getPos() & mc.getBlock() once.

Move those calls inside your while loop so that as you move you re-read the coordinates of the block to turn to gold.
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

elParaguayo

Mon May 12, 2014 8:29 am

As an aside, your code says:

while ('True')
True in inverted commas is the string True, rather than the True/False boolean value. You'd therefore normally have:

while True:
However the effect is the same, as any string other than an empty string is considered True in Python. See https://docs.python.org/2/library/stdtypes.html
RPi Information Screen: plugin based system for displaying weather, travel information, football scores etc.

tewe

Mon May 12, 2014 5:06 pm

Thank you for the help but it is still not working. I have tried to write another bit of code:

while ('True'):
                        mc.postToChat ('GOLD!')
I added mc.postToChat ('GOLD!'). That command repeats over and over again. So it is not the loop that is the incorrect part I think.
I'm a swedish viking with big beard, I like to eat raspberry pi.

elParaguayo

Mon May 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Did you see Dougie's comment?

These lines:

playerPosition = mc.player.getPos()
blockType = mc.getBlock(playerPosition.x, playerPosition.y -1, playerPosition.z)
needs to be inside the While loop.

you're checking whether blockType is equal to a certain value, but you're not updating blockType to reflect the fact that your player is moving.
RPi Information Screen: plugin based system for displaying weather, travel information, football scores etc.

MattHawkinsUK

Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Also you probably want to use getTilePos rather than getPos as it will give you integers rather than floats.

playerPosition = mc.player.getTilePos()
blockType = mc.getBlock(playerPosition.x, playerPosition.y - 1, playerPosition.z)
My Raspberry Pi blog and home of the BerryClip Add-on board : http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter (@RPiSpy)

Return to “Python”