Protheuz

Keylogger - Do you want it?

Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:16 am

Hellolo!
I have a keylogger on my pi that I made for fun, right now it uses evdev and writes the output(the keystrokes) to a text file. I'm going to add a function that sends the log to a email and stuff like that, you can come with suggestions if you want to. Do you guys want me to release this to you guys?
Wiizard/Protheuz, just call me Kev.

0x0000

Re: Keylogger - Do you want it?

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:04 am

Protheuz wrote:Hellolo!
I have a keylogger on my pi that I made for fun, right now it uses evdev and writes the output(the keystrokes) to a text file. I'm going to add a function that sends the log to a email and stuff like that, you can come with suggestions if you want to. Do you guys want me to release this to you guys?
I've love to explore into that, do give me the code.

Joe Schmoe

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:11 am

I think we need a new forum created, for immoral programming.

Things like this one, root kits, war-driving, etc.

All things that have been suggested already as good uses of the Pi.
(And then stomped upon by the mods).

Anyway, the idea is if we create a forum specifically for them, it won't be necessary for the mods to track it.
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 am

Keyloggers are not, strictly speaking, illegal. Anything you want to do on your Pi is fine. I've done some work on the I/O events system and it's an interesting topic to investigate.

What would be a no-no would be talking about how to smuggle it onto someone-else's computer, or how you got someone to use yours to put their bank password in. Or just speculation about using it for such purposes.

We have a responsibility to ensure that the board is not seen to advocate illegal activity.

Topics such as this therefore have a propensity for getting on the wrong side of moderators, through no fault of the original poster.

Protheuz

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:19 am

Keyloggers is actually used as backup programs. I can't prevent someone to use this to spy on someone else, but I can make it non-hidden if you mods want me to do that.
Wiizard/Protheuz, just call me Kev.

hesterl

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:43 am

Does it work for windows right? Please release it. :D

reinaldo.rda

Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:41 pm

Could you send me the code pi keylogger you developed please?[/quote]

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:07 pm

hesterl wrote:
Does it work for windows right? Please release it. :D
you don't understand what this "keylogger" does, its NOT something you can underhandedly place in between a keyboard and a PC!

dan3008

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:21 pm

I've been working on similar recently, Although, I've been logging keyboard and mouse events, so I can replicate them, Kind of like a macro :)
dan3008 wrote:Pays your money, takes your choice

Tarak

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:21 am

Can anyone release the code of the keylogger for Raspberry Pi...

Thanks

Return to “Python”