aleck

Using CodeSkulptor offline on the RPi- Help!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am

I'm taking the excellent coursera Python programming course-2nd week in. I've managed to save as a complete web-page the CodeSkulptor window on my PC. The problem I am having is "how do I do this on the RPi?" In Windows I was able to right-click outside the code window in CodeSkulptor and was able to select an option that saved the entire web page. In Midori no options arose and I really didn't know what to do. The best I could come up with was an unformatted text file of the CodeSkulptor code window - which didn't have any of the capabilities of CodeSkulptor.

aleck

Re: Using CodeSkulptor offline on the RPi- Help!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm answering my own question as it might be helpful to someone else wanting to run CodeSkulptor on their RPi. A fellow Courserian suggested the possibility of transferring the code I had saved on my Windows PC onto the RPi- and this was very straightforward using a memory stick. This means I can write code offline in the Python course I'm taking using the RPi. I hope this is of some help to someone!:)

Magic Knight

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 am

Hi aleck.
I'm taking that course as well. Have just submitted my rock paper scissors lizard spock game. Finding it a really good course. How are you getting on ?
Cheers
Magic Knight.

davebee

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:17 am

Aleck,

I'm also completing the Cousera topic. Key question - using Code Skulptor on the Pie, is there an easy way to get GPIO data into your program ? What changes are needed to run code ex Skulptor on a Pie ?

Return to “Python”