JulianBrooks

Programming examples with Texy's Nokia Pi LCD Switch Shield

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Texy / all,

(Board from here http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 59&t=38204)

1st off, many thanks for the speedy delivery of this excellent looking board - nice job.

Finally had an opportunity to setup a fresh PI to start experimenting with the board.

I've installed all the necessary programs and files and yay the test program works.

As I'm completely new to python I am wondering if anyone has some code they wouldn't mind sharing, or point to some examples, so I can start to try and get my head around some of the possibilities the screen affords?

I've bought it for an audio installation that I have been wanting to do for a while (I'm a composer) and one of the absolute joys of the Pi's is that 'disposable' computing is now an actuality - i.e. I don't have to leave/buy a laptop at the place where the piece will be heard.

My aims are hopefully quite simple:
I would like to display a few words of text on the screen (grey background/black text/can you set fonts???) and also use the down button to begin the composition.
My program/coding of choice is Pure Data and I can handle all the necessary coding on that side but it's with the setting up of the screen that I would be really grateful for some assistance from the community with.

There's a few libraries for Pd that act as a bridge with python so I'm going to be checking those out as well.

Also it would be really useful to route a shell to the screen so I can check the boot process - how's that done?

So yeah, first off, any simple examples making use of the screen to get me started would be massively appreciated.

Best wishes to all and thanks again Texy for all so far,

Julian

Return to “Python”