Sorry for the delay in response.
I have figured out what I was doing wrong, and now have a fully functional script.
Here is what I ended up doing.
Code: Select all
# // Pellet Drop Routine
print("Step 6: Pellet Distrabution System")
print(" Pellets will now be dispensed.")
print("pelfeed has ended!")
Basically In a nut shell here is what I have done. My PCB went out in my Whittfield Pellet stove. It would cost me about $350.00 to replace the obsolete Board, so For about $130.00 I built my own system using the RaspberryPi, an 8 Channel 5V Relay Board, a couple Dimmer boards, etc. This controls the two motors, the auger, the three temperature sensors and the igniter. I'm using python as the back end System.
I will be updating the system a little more, as I am thinking about replacing the existing igniter element which takes about 8-10 minutes to get hot enough to ignite, with a propane igniter (hooked to a 1 Lb Bottle at the back of stove, hidden from sight. This takes about 3 seconds to ignite... Big difference! I am also replacing the OEM temperature sensors, which are snap style, with probe style sensors.
I will eventually build a Web gui for this!
Would be a fun project to get others involved with.