UKAndy

Dual Stop watch with GIPO inputs

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 am

Hi All,

Im building a timing system to to monitor cars at my local motorsport club and im looking for some help with the programming.

So the background, i have built the hardware which consists of 2 IR gates that record cars going through the start gate and finishing through the finish gate. Currently we tested it using LED's so as a car passes the gate it lights up a LED for the start gate and one for the finish gate with 100% success over 2 days. At the moment the hardware is not the issue, i need to build a basic software on a raspberry pi and create to gpio buttons to operate it, once that is done i will change the buttons for the switch on the IR gates.

I have seen codes for simple stopwatches that incorporate a start and stop button on a GPIO board but this is where its getting abit much for me.

This is what i need to do:

- Display a screen that has two stop watches on it with a reset for each stopwatch
- GPIO board with two buttons on it, one for start one for stop.

I need to code it so that the first press of the start button starts the first stop watch, the second press of the start button starts the second stop watch. Then subsequently the first press of the stop button stops the first stopwatch and the second press stops the second stop watch.

After this scenario i need it to keep rolling so that when the first stop watch has been stopped but the second is still running i can reset the clock and start the first clock again while waiting for the second trigger to stop the second clock and continue to roll in that format so it can be continuous.

I have all the hardware but the software is tricky as im new to programming but i have good understanding of electronics.

help is much appreciated and im willing to even give someone a few beer tokens if they can help me with the coding to get this up and running

Kind Regards,
Andy

Andyroo

Re: Dual Stop watch with GIPO inputs

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 pm

have you seen this https://community.particle.io/t/stopwat ... by/3486/17

I know it’s not the same type of cars but the process may help :lol:

Where are you in the country?
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

UKAndy

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi thanks for that i will have a read up on that post.

Im in the UK

Regards,
Andy

Andyroo

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Sorry - I meant where are you in the UK :lol:

UKAndy

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Sorry :lol: replied without reading properly what you asked. Im in blackpool

Cheers

Andyroo

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:10 pm

No problems - I'm great at that :lol:

I'm the other side of the country to you so cannot just pop over and I'm not confident enough on the timing interrupts to do it remote - maybe some one at http://blackpoolraspberryjam.co.uk can help?

If not (and no one else can help here (maybe a Wanted post) then I'm willing to try some rough code for you but debugging it would be a :twisted:

Return to “Python”