Johnphil

USB barcode scanner with GUI

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:36 pm

I want to create a portable scanner just like you see in supermarkets that checks the price. The materials I will be using are a usb barcode scanner, python, raspberry pi, and an lcd touchscreen. What GUI can I use to create this and also what database should I use? Please help! Need it to complete a school project.

Also how do I connect the scanner which gets data from the database with items to display to the GUI ? Just a beginner in python and rasp.

The Traveler

Re: USB barcode scanner with GUI

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Please help! Need it to complete a school project.
Maybe if you demonstrated some personal time and effort into solving your problems folks would be more inclined to help you over the "rough spots" in your code or implementation. Your post reads like you're asking folks here to tell you how to do it and I somehow doubt your instructor would appreciate that kind of assistance. So, time to knuckle down and study ...

Good luck.
Last edited by The Traveler on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired IT professional, C programmer and "beardie weirdie".
RPi interests: Developing an Infinite Improbability Drive
“Thinking outside of the box allows you to get rewards outside of your reach.” Matshona Dhliwayo

fruitoftheloom

Re: USB barcode scanner with GUI

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Johnphil wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:36 pm
I want to create a portable scanner just like you see in supermarkets that checks the price. The materials I will be using are a usb barcode scanner, python, raspberry pi, and an lcd touchscreen. What GUI can I use to create this and also what database should I use? Please help! Need it to complete a school project.

Also how do I connect the scanner which gets data from the database with items to display to the GUI ? Just a beginner in python and rasp.

Maybe ??

http://zbar.sourceforge.net

https://packages.debian.org/source/stretch/zbar
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “Python”