muqtar2

M542T (Microstep Driver) to Raspberry Pi 3 GPIO Pins Connection

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:37 am

My driver has Pul+,Pul-,Dir+,Dir-,Ena+,Ena-. Which GPIO pins should I connect to my Raspberry Pi 3. and how can I connect my M542T to Raspberry Pi. I couldn't find any example has done for this drive how to connect the raspberry pi. Is there any guild how the GPIO pins work on this drive, please. I just need to know where Pul+, Pul-,Dir+,Dir- goes to the raspberry pi or the GPIO pin connection.

Also, is there any python code example for M542T Microstep Driver that works with stepper motor nema 24. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks

nios2

Re: M542T (Microstep Driver) to Raspberry Pi 3 GPIO Pins Connection

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:48 am

This is a good source of info on how it can be done on an Arduino (you can see the GPIO equiv wiring); should be a good starting point.

http://www.microelectronicos.net/2017/0 ... h-arduino/

pcmanbob

Re: M542T (Microstep Driver) to Raspberry Pi 3 GPIO Pins Connection

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Looking at the manual for this stepper motor driver, it requires a 5v drive signal as the inputs are buffered via an opto isolator, So I don't think you can drive it directly from the pi gpio 3.3v.

the 2 example ways of driving the inputs on the motor driver taken from the manual.

so you are going to need to use some interface circuitry between the pi and the motor driver,

the simplest option would be to use some 2n2222 transistors between the pi and the motor driver.

which gpio you use to drive this is up to you but you could use gpio 17,27,22 or gpio 16,20,21.

You will probably have to write your own software to control this motor driver
Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

Return to “Python”