User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 30136
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:56 pm

sudo systemctl stop dnsmasq
sudo systemctl start dnsmasq


Or hit it harder
sudo killall dnsmasq

Or take the big red switch approach
sudo reboot
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.

NIW
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Could I just change the DHCP range to be greater?

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 30136
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:42 pm

NIW wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:05 pm
Could I just change the DHCP range to be greater?
As long as your DHCP range is shorted than your subnet range (based on netmask) you can set a longer DHCP range. Stay away from .0 and .255 addresses.
Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.

asandford
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 pm
Location: Ealing

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 am

It won't work until you install a broker, have you done that?

Client to client communication isn't possible.

NIW
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 pm

It won't work until you install a broker, have you done that?

Client to client communication isn't possible.
I have moquitto installed.

asandford
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 pm
Location: Ealing

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:20 pm

NIW wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 pm
It won't work until you install a broker, have you done that?

Client to client communication isn't possible.
I have moquitto installed.
Did you do the single Pi test as I suggested?

NIW
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Did you do the single Pi test as I suggested?
Yes and It worked just fine.
I have gotten the pi's to communicate over a wireless network, but getting them to communicate over the cat5 cable has not worked yet.

DirkS
Posts: 7616
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:32 pm

NIW wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:24 pm
Did you do the single Pi test as I suggested?
Yes and It worked just fine.
I have gotten the pi's to communicate over a wireless network, but getting them to communicate over the cat5 cable has not worked yet.
Then you have a network problem. Solve that and MQTT will work too.
How did you configure your cabled network? Normally it should work straight out of the box

NIW
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:00 pm

I did

Code: Select all

sudo killall dnsmasq
and then ran

Code: Select all

sudo dnsmasq
and nothing happened. It just went to a new command line.

Did it work?

NIW
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:33 pm

I tested It and....

IT WORKED :D

Thank you everyone who helped me accomplish this.

This is going to help me build my ROV ( RC sub) so much.

asandford
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 pm
Location: Ealing

Re: Raspberry pi MQTT

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:30 am

NIW wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:33 pm
I tested It and....

IT WORKED :D

Thank you everyone who helped me accomplish this.

This is going to help me build my ROV ( RC sub) so much.
Glad you got it working

Return to “Python”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests