Grumpy Mike

Installing aubio for Python3

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 pm

After a full day's frustration does anyone know a way to install aubio for Python3?
Sadly all the aubio.org pages are very confusing and don't actually work.
Anyone done this?

scotty101

Re: Installing aubio for Python3

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm not sure what could possibly be confusing about the installation instructions.
https://aubio.org/installation
It is possible that aubio hasn't been built for the raspberry pi's processor architecture.

Perhaps if you explain which of the steps "doesnt' work" and describe what happens and list any error messages you receive.
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

scruss

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Try:

Code: Select all

sudo pip3 install aubio
Takes a little while (~5 mins on a Raspberry Pi 3), produces lots of output, but installs the library and Python3 module.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

Grumpy Mike

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks scruss, that did the trick instantly. I guess it was all the previous efforts of loading stuff in.
I'm not sure what could possibly be confusing about the installation instructions.
Well their are too many options for a start, you need experience to know what options you want to ignore and as Linux is very much a moving target it is difficult to keep up with things unless you want to have Linux as your sole hobby. Also it all "worked" and I could even import aubio in the Python script without error when ever I tried any of the actual methods like
pitcher = aubio.pitch(.....
Then I would get an error saying that the aubio module had no attribute named pitch.

Anyway thanks and on to the next error.

elParaguayo

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:19 am

Mike,

There isn't a file called aubio.py or aubio.pyc in your folder is there? That error message can be caused by python importing the wrong file.
RPi Information Screen: plugin based system for displaying weather, travel information, football scores etc.

Return to “Python”