pi3d font definitions killing background

3 posts
by AshPowers » Tue May 02, 2017 3:22 am
Can't seem to figure this one out...
I am writing out several different strings to the screen with engine data and most all of it is in black text. There are some values that are being placed on the screen that need to be in white.

There is a background image of a gauge cluster which has moving needles, digital values, etc.

When I make a call to a second pi3d.Font definition for a white color text, the background image no longer appears. Program runs just fine, but all you see are a bunch of analog needles and digital values on a black background, LOL.

There is a while loop that continually writes out the screen with the background, needles, values, etc.. first call in the loop is redrawing the background. It only blacks out the background when I call to this second white font definition. Even when I set the transparency value for this "whitefont" to zero (completely transparent) I still do not see the background image.
by AshPowers » Fri May 05, 2017 6:18 pm
Problem was memory allocation. The default of 64MB for the GPU was not enough. I thought I had already bumped it up!

Menu-Rasbberry pi configuration - performance - GPU memory: set to 256
by paddyg » Sat May 06, 2017 12:42 pm
64 seems to be the most capricious GPU setting as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Changing a host of things can stop rendering - there should be a logger message now (as of v2.19) I haven't had an issue with 128
also https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en-GB&fromgroups=#!forum/pi3d