picubed

stanI's python editor SPE instructions

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Just starting to play with it - would like any beginners tutorial that I can try on it. Have run a couple of very basic short scripts just to see that it was working - and they ran. However later and again today i tried to run them again and I get "script terminated" as only output - and I can't for the life of me see why nor can I find any meaningful help or guidance - I am not yet ready to donate for a manual.
Can anyone help me

Thanks

picubed

Re: stanI's python editor SPE instructions

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:39 pm

I am very green. I am using Putty / Xming to access my Pi remotely. Therefore I can see on my desktop the SPE GUI and the Putty Control window. I realised that I had inadvertently diverted script output to the control screen (which I had minimised) and not the SPE GUI.
Everything is running perfectly.

prduke

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Should this editor come with the raspberry pi or do you have to download the program. I am asking this because my raspberry does not have it

RAD1968

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:54 pm

prduke wrote:Should this editor come with the raspberry pi or do you have to download the program. I am asking this because my raspberry does not have it
I had the same question but solves it through the following commands from the command line:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install spe

The first command updates all your download locations and the second downloads and installs spe

Return to “Python”