joan

piscope on Pi 2

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:06 pm

I've been trying out a Pi 2.

I have pigpio working after a fashion. There is still an unknown amount of work to be done to get it running as reliably as it does on the earlier models. More than a couple of constants need to be changed.

One good thing about the Pi 2 is that piscope appears to be usable on the Pi itself. Personally I always run piscope on a laptop networked to a Pi (running pigpio).

webm of piscope/pigpio running on a Pi 2 (fixed PWM on gpio 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11, ramping PWM on gpio 4).

tvjon

Re: piscope on Pi 2

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:38 pm

joan wrote:...
One good thing about the Pi 2 is that piscope appears to be usable on the Pi itself. Personally I always run piscope on a laptop networked to a Pi (running pigpio).

webm of piscope/pigpio running on a Pi 2 (fixed PWM on gpio 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11, ramping PWM on gpio 4).
It seems to be ok so far, thank you. It's partly why I was hoping PIGPIO would work, so thanks for the wip file. I hadn't realised you don't normally use it on RPi itself, That's exactly how I need to use it :) It's handy to check that there's some activity from my code on outputs, before actually connecting anything physically.

I'm still looking through the cache coherency doc's; ok from ARM, but not so much info' from Broadcom.

That's a nicely compact video. Can you generate that on RPi itself, or only from your laptop?

joan

Re: piscope on Pi 2

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:48 pm

tvjon wrote: ...
That's a nicely compact video. Can you generate that on RPi itself, or only from your laptop?
I don't really know. My laptop runs GNOME 3 on Debian. The screen capture is started/stopped by pressing shift-ctrl-alt R. That is the extent of my knowledge.

Return to “General programming discussion”