amitava82

PI and Javascript community

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:59 am

Just ordered my first PI and anxiously waiting for it to arrive!

I'm a full stack Javascript developer, and wondering if there are some cool project built with primarily Javascript/Nodejs? Not seeing a dedicated Javascript board here make me thinking whether Javascript is that popular choice among PI community or there are technical limitation with JS + PI

I'd love to hack stuff with PI and try to build some cool thing but then my knowledge is limited to Javascript, & .Net. I'm open to learning new languages but then my interests are within web technologies and not having a computer science, mathematics background is a strong barrier for me to get into other languages such as C, C++ or embedded stuffs (really not into it)

I'll go browse some github repos to see what people are building with JS + PI. I'd love some inputs from you guys on this. :geek:

riklaunim

Re: PI and Javascript community

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:13 pm

RPi likes Python. There may be some node.js examples, but Espruino will be better with that.

amitava82

Re: PI and Javascript community

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:57 pm

riklaunim wrote:RPi likes Python. There may be some node.js examples, but Espruino will be better with that.
Sure, wanted to learn Python to pick up Django. May be Pi would be a great platform to start with!

Return to “General programming discussion”