JF002

QT5 : Where are we?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 am

Hi!

Not a long time ago, QT5 (final version) was released. I've been waiting for this release for a long time.

I installed the SDK on a Debian virtual machine to try some things.

Now, the time has come to (cross-)compile my code for the RaspberryPi.

I found some information about building or cross compiling the libraries for the RaspberryPi, but I was wondering if there was some official (or not) work beeing done to integrate QT5 in raspbian repositories, so that we can install QT5 by using apt-get (like I did for QT4).
I could build QT5 myself, but I'm looking for a straightforward way of installing it.

Oh and another question... Will hardware acceleration work with QT5 and raspberrypi? I read information about Wayland, OpenGL, OpenGL ES,... but I'm a bit lost.

Thank you for all your future answers!
My web site : https://codingfield.com

JF002

Re: QT5 : Where are we?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 am

I installed nightly builds of QT5, but they only contain the libraries, not the developpment tools (qmake).

Max

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:54 pm

JF002 wrote:Oh and another question... Will hardware acceleration work with QT5 and raspberrypi?
Only when running Qt applications full screen on the console.
Not when running under X.

limpens

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:08 am

JF002

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Max wrote:
JF002 wrote:Oh and another question... Will hardware acceleration work with QT5 and raspberrypi?
That's exactly what I would like to do for my project. But... How do I run my app from the console?

For now, I'm using Qt4 and it tells me that I need an X server to run the application.
Is there any parameter to add to the command line? Or any modification in the code? Or is it a new feature of Qt5?

Thanks, I'll have a look

Rami

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:48 am

JF002 wrote:
Max wrote:
That's exactly what I would like to do for my project. But... How do I run my app from the console?

For now, I'm using Qt4 and it tells me that I need an X server to run the application.
Is there any parameter to add to the command line? Or any modification in the code? Or is it a new feature of Qt5?
I believe you can select the platform by using -platform command line parameter. As in "./helloworld -platform xcb" (for X11?) or "./helloworld -platform wayland" (for Wayland). You may need to modify your code a bit to get it working (with Wayland).

Return to “General programming discussion”