cockerchrisjoe

Raspberry Pi Programming Radio Hacking / Transmitting

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello All,

I am abit new to this so i apologize for the stupidy in advance.. .. .

So here is the scoop . I have trying to basically copy my radio signal from my vehicle ( 2017 Volkswagen E Golf ) to be able to transmit it to a speaker device / possibly Bluetooth . So what i am trying to do is have it so my raspberry pi can basically mirror the signal from my current stock car audio deck in order to then transmit it to a speaker signal . I want to do this in order to made a fully removable / completly wireless subwoofer as an addition . I have done some re-search and i believe you may be able to use a RTL - Radio Defined Software and have it programmed to the raspberry pi but i am not sure if that is going to mirror whatever the radio is currently playing ( sirius , xm , ipod etc , and switching between ) . Does anyone have experience with this or advice ? Or know anyone who can even do programming to make this happen so that whenever it boots up it basically see's that signal and then outputs it in either aux or Bluetooth to whatever is attached it to it speaker wize. I hope this makes sense let me know .....

topguy

Re: Raspberry Pi Programming Radio Hacking / Transmitting

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:18 am

This solution would not require a SDR because you would never know what the car-radio would be playing. Only feasible solution I see is to hook into an output from the radio itself and forward that in some way to your sub. Not sure a solution would require a Pi at all.

ghans

Re: Raspberry Pi Programming Radio Hacking / Transmitting

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:03 am

No Raspberry Pi has audio inputs by default.
It seems that you should convert your speaker output to line level and then transmit that
wirelessly. I can't see how a Pi-based solution is going to beat an fully analog system in reliability, cost, ease of use and boot time.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “General programming discussion”