Sehaj_0118

Real time audio processing

Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:34 am

Me and my group is planning to make a project on audio processing where we take audio input and then process it to move things.
We are beginners and we need a bit of guidance on how to approach our goal.

Thanks

Ronaldlees

Re: Real time audio processing

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:11 pm

Welcome to the Forums!

This sounds like an interesting project. I've done nothing like it myself. So long as what you are "moving" does not create a safety hazard, it seems like a unique, challenging little project. Do you want a robot arm to move based on voice commands? You probably should expect the unexpected when your voice recognition algorithm incorrectly processes the audio stream, and take precautions such that your bot doesn't damage anything.

Voice recognition software -> command parser -> GPIO ?

Or something like that.

Here's a project to control a roomba:

https://makezine.com/projects/use-raspb ... e-control/

It uses pocket-sphinx, which is speech recognition software. I know nothing about it though. I think there is a voice hat for the Pi that might factor into a setup. I'm just tossing bits collected from a quick search. Good luck and let us know about your results if you do a project.
I am the Umbrella man: IR3/IR5 UV a/b/c OTS specs: break free, live life. Note that red cannot be seen with IR lenses, so cross at stop lights only on white walk signals, don't drive or operate machinery with lenses on, and don't use in low light.

Return to “General programming discussion”