L200man

Best beginers language to use for my Aflex board

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm very new to programming :?

I have an Aflex board - How to I send a signal to the GPIO to switch the motors on/off

I have downloaded this - http://www.web4robot.com/files/AFlex.pdf - I can't make head nor tail of what to do after I have connected it up :oops:

Otherwise - anyone want to buy it ?

Chris

kkjensen

Re: Best beginers language to use for my Aflex board

Mon May 13, 2013 5:23 am

Did you get this figured out? I asked and the dev said he'd post some RPi libraries. I'm also just trying to get the equivalant of 'hello world'.

cheers

kkjensen

Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 am

Did you get this figured out? I've got one too and just wired it up...having a few issues with interpreting the syntax (I'm new to python).

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon May 13, 2013 6:48 am

Good luck. That manual is not only the bare minimum in providing sufficient information, it is also seriously wrong, since they seem to have the RaspPi GPIO connector upside-down in the pictures. There is probably enough information there to get it talking, but I would find it confusing and ambiguous, and it is what I do for a day-job.

Forget I2C and SPI for the moment -- they add too much complexity. Use serial, and Python. You'll need to find the pyserial library, and you'll need to find out how to free up the serial port. And don't follow the pictures because they are wrong. The pin numbers in the tables look right.

kkjensen

Mon May 13, 2013 7:38 am

In another thread in this forum I found someone who translated the aflex arduino library to python and it seems to be doing the trick. I can get a light to blink but can't seem to get a basic dc motor to spin with any sort of control from the board although it's a very small dc motor and a full 9V battery I'm using to drive it. It's late some I'm going to do some more testing tomorrow.

Return to “General programming discussion”