God

Which Raspberry Pi e-book / documentation?

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Folks

Which Raspberry Pi Kindle e-book / Documentation ?

What have you read and what do you think?

I notice the following on Amazon:

1. Raspberry Pi User Guide - Connecting the Board [Kindle Edition] by Gareth Halfacree £10.70

2. Meet the Raspberry Pi [Kindle Edition] by Gareth Halfacree and Eben Upton. £3.29

3. Beginning Raspberry Pi [Kindle Edition] by Scott Wren £4.11

Ok anyone read these, are they good, reasonable value, up to date (Raspsian), etc. care to comment?

Also Info, thoughts on the following would be appreciated:

“Meet the RP” is aimed at the beginner (pretty much me as programming goes) but it is mentioned that it is a cut down version of a yet to appear product, is there a realistic estimated release date to be shared? Will the extra content be worthwhile for a beginner to use to progress, how much will it be?

Does anybody believe they have found a better source?

Last but not least, what is the estimated date for release of the official manuals tutorials etc., Will they vary greatly from the content of the above? And what will they cost.

I’m very happy to buy some books but would like to get the biggest bang for my buck as they say….

Looking forward to my pibow delivery….

God

TTSO

Re: Which Raspberry Pi e-book / documentation?

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Would the YouTube approach not work here loads of tutorials on there :D

God

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:11 pm

It probably would but I was hoping for an initial one stop answer to read rather than watch.

dan_in_sd

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:59 pm

I just downloaded the Meet the Raspberry Pi book. I found the Wireless Network Adapter section and the Overclocking section very informative. And the table of all HDMI MODEs also was very good info.

bredman

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:04 pm

For absolute beginners, there is a lot of information in the free monthly MagPi magazine.
www.themagpi.com

Return to “General programming discussion”