dapaq2

QUESTION: DS18B20 TEMPERATURE DATABASE/WEBSERVER/NOTIFICATION

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:02 pm

Been searching the net and I am not finding what I am looking for. I have multiple DS18B20 temperature probes connected to my Raspberry Pi 4B and looking for a way to have my Raspberry Pi 4B operate as stand alone data base logger, web server and email notification system directly from the Pi. All the guides/articles out there point me to websites such as Privateeyepi.com or initialstate.com and they have some nice features such as temperature display charts and graphs as well as email notifications when a pre-determined temperature threshold is exceeded, but they are also $subscription$ based websites and I don't want to have to pay a monthly subscription fee for that functionality. I would like to ask if anyone knows of a program (for the Raspberry Pi) that offers a web server, database logging to access graphs/chart timeline via remote web browser and also email notifications when pre determined temperature threshold is exceeded ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

neilgl

Re: QUESTION: DS18B20 TEMPERATURE DATABASE/WEBSERVER/NOTIFICATION

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:39 pm

I use influxdb on the pi for logging temperatures, and grafana (on the pi) to show graphs of that on a web page. Excellent, open source.

Return to “General programming discussion”