Doerthous

rpi-5.10.y kernel builld error on cygwin. "x509.asn1.c not found"

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:51 am

Hello everyone, I' m trying to build the lastest kernel on cygwin but I stuck in same error.

Here is the build log:

```
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabihf- zImage
CALL scripts/checksyscalls.sh
CALL scripts/atomic/check-atomics.sh
CHK include/generated/compile.h
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'crypto/asymmetric_keys/x509.asn1.c', needed by 'crypto/asymmetric_keys/x509.asn1.o'. Stop.
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:496: crypto/asymmetric_keys] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:1813: crypto] Error 2
```

The compiler is also build on cygwin:

```
$ arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/cross-root/libexec/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/10.2.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: arm-none-linux-gnueabihf
Configured with: ../configure --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabihf --prefix=/cross-root --disable-nls --disable-shared --without-headers --with-newlib --disable-multilib --disable-decimal-float --disable-threads --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libgomp --enable-languages=c --with-gmp=/tmp --with-mpfr=/tmp --with-mpc=/tmp
Thread model: single
Supported LTO compression algorithms: zlib
gcc version 10.2.0 (GCC)
```

I try to google this error and also try to find some clues on raspi github issue, but I found nothing. Please help. If you need more information, please let me know, thanks!

Doerthous

Re: rpi-5.10.y kernel builld error on cygwin. "x509.asn1.c not found"

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:00 pm

I finally give up to compile kernel on cygwin, there is a file name sensitive problem on window. BTW, the x509.asn1.c is a auto-generated file, it was generated by scritps/asn1_compiler with the asn1 file in crypto/asymmetric_keys/x509.asn1.

swampdog

Re: rpi-5.10.y kernel builld error on cygwin. "x509.asn1.c not found"

Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:41 pm

FYI, it was (probably still is) possible to hit a flag in cygwin such that it is case-sensitive but iirc that opened another can of worms in that it then can't find stuff because win developers do not use consistent filenames (aka "foo.dll" might be called "Foo.dll", "foo.DLL" etc in different places).

You'll be better off using a virtual machine (?ubuntu?) methinks. ;-)

Return to “General programming discussion”