PGrando15

Real Time ECG plotting using the Arduino to the Pi

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:07 am

Hello friends,

I am currently researching ways to plot an ECG waveform coming directly from the Arduino. I plan on creating a library of numerical values based on the analog voltage level post amplification with the Arduino ( I have been coding with Arduino about 3 years), but I am brand new to RPi and would love to be steered in the right direction. The end product will be a 7" LCD display incorporated into the ECG housing to display 'patient' (patient simulator) wave-forms. I have also been researching plotty for sending these signals online to a website for a little bit of magic during my groups big presentation 12 weeks from now for the semester long project in the final year of Biomedical engineering technologist.

I would very much appreciate if I could get any feedback.

PGrando15

joan

Re: Real Time ECG plotting using the Arduino to the Pi

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:28 am

It is not clear if you plan to plot the readings in "real time" on the Pi, or if this is a post-processing exercise.

PGrando15

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks for the reply, I would like to be able to do real time data plotting but if there is a few seconds delay that would be alright.

TideMan

Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:07 am

So, you have the Arduino connected to the RPi by USB port, correct? And you are running the Arduino sketch on the RPi and getting data 9600 baud or similar, correct?
I'd use Processing (https://processing.org/) for the real-time plotting. There are plenty of tutorials showing how to do this.
I haven't done it on a RPi, but I would expect the RPi 2 would have enough grunt.............

pvivanco

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Hello Friend

I would like to know if you could carry out this project because at the moment I am doing a similar project and I am having many problems.

Bigfoot38#$

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:15 am

Please keep us informed of your progress. Where will you deposit the info on your project? What sensor are your using and how does it interface with the Arduino? Thanks

Return to “General programming discussion”