pberrett

Help with video overlay software

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 am

Hi all

I am looking to use my Raspberry Pi as a video source for my Amateur Television transmitter. It is perfect for playing video.

The one difficulty is that I need to overlay my callsign (VK3PB) on the video as it is playing (this is a legal requirement). In Windows I used a program called Blackhat notes which allows you to put text or graphics in a small box and have this always on top of whatever you are doing, including playing a video.

Is anyone aware of a similar program that could serve my needs that will run on the Raspberry Pi and display my callsign or a graphic in a box on top of the video?

Thanks
Peter VK3PB

redhawk

Re: Help with video overlay software

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 am

It's not going to be easy but I believe it should be possible using XBMC - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=21337

Richard S.

dom
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:47 pm

If you run hello_video and at the same time run hello_font, you will see the text overlaid on the video. That should give you a starting point.

pberrett

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 am

"If you run hello_video and at the same time run hello_font, you will see the text overlaid on the video. That should give you a starting point."

How do I run these programs on the Pi?

Return to “General discussion”