Hi, first time poster and linux/RPi uber-n00b...
I've been mostly pretty good about figuring out stuff for myself so far, but I'm running into problems trying to install libreoffice on raspbian wheezy. Long story short, my RPi works for nearly an hour trying to install then gives up.
As an über-n00b, I'm not even sure what info is important, but I'll attempt to provide what seem to be the critical details:
1. I used apt-get to try to install libreoffice. I don't have the exact line I wrote down in front of me at the moment, but from memory it was something like "sudo apt-get download libreoffice" then "sudo apt-get install libreoffice"
2. It seems to be working, downloading files, merrily installing packages, then suddenly starts giving me error messages I don't understand (now I'm really kicking myself for leaving my notes behind...somehow I think those messages may help you guys help me).
3. There is one part of the error message(s) that indicated that my SD card was full. (more on this in a bit)
4. I do use an 8 GB SD card onto which I installed the img file myself on Mac OS using terminal.
5. While my card, as mentioned above, is 8 gigs, for some reason when I check the size on my RPi it indicates around 1.8 gig capacity which I suspect has something to do with why I'm failing at installing libreoffice.
5. I have installed no other software onto the card besides the wheezy package I downloaded from this website. In fact, I don't really even know how. Its one of the reasons I attempted to download libreoffice in the first place, to learn how to install programs onto my RPi.
6. One more seemingly important detail: I can use startx without issues before I attempt this install. Afterwards though, when I type startx into the prompt, it tries and fails and sends me back to the prompt.
I'm sorry this was such a long post, I'll try and be more concise as I learn more. Also, if I'm in the wrong thread I do apologize. I've solved all my previous problems on RPi through research, but this one is starting to frustrate me, especially since each try (3 so far) takes about an hour and requires me to recreate my SD every time.