munklefish

Re: Raspberry Pi B+ turn usb power off

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:27 am

leona-pi wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:04 am
Its odd as I have an identical Pi1, which remains up, with wifi adaptor and webcam for months, no problem, I cloned the SD card (so same kernel and firmware) on another Pi1 with same wifi dongle but different camera module, gives the usb power problem after 12/24/36 hours, very odd. You just think this stuff would just 'work'.
Early Pi 1b's had all sorts of weird stuff going on with the usb's. You should buy a newer version if you can and keep the 1's for the memories. ;-)
http://www.codeclinic.de

HOD

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:53 pm

I've just been trying this on an old B+ (revision 1.2) and while -P2 works (for powering off/on ALL ports) I can't seem to control individual USB ports. While switching all off works for what I want, I'm intrigued as to why I can't do -P 3, 4 or 5?

Thanks for this thread though, it was just what I was after! :D
Regards,
Ian.

drgeoff

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:40 pm

HOD wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:53 pm
I've just been trying this on an old B+ (revision 1.2) and while -P2 works (for powering off/on ALL ports) I can't seem to control individual USB ports. While switching all off works for what I want, I'm intrigued as to why I can't do -P 3, 4 or 5?

Thanks for this thread though, it was just what I was after! :D
The power pins of all 4 USB sockets are commoned. There is no way that software can remove power from them independently.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Return to “Advanced users”