mrKrecik

[Solved] Pi4 - Mirroring tty7 on dual screen

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Hello,

strange thing happend. :/ I had fully configured rpi4 with RO mode in fstab. I run omxplayer on dual screen and movie is mirrored on both screen properly.

Today I switched for a moment to RW mode (remove "ro" from / in fstab), restarted pi and omxplayer was not mirroring anymore - just playing movie on first HDMI. I try this a couple times (I have a image of sd card with RO mode) and this happens every time. With RO omxplayer is mirroring, with RW omxplayer playing only on first HDMI. Returning to RO mode dosn't fix that.

It seems like running rpi on RW mode change some file(s) on startup, but not sure where should I searching for those changes. :/

Hint: I've 1920x1080 display and 1440x900. With RO mode both sceens displays smaller resolution and that's ok for me. After entering into RW mode, first display has 1920x1080 and second 1440x900. Maybe this will give you some hint.
Last edited by mrKrecik on Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Pi4 - Mirroring tty7 on dual screen

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Are you running the Raspbian desktop, or just Raspbian Lite booting to the console?

AFAIK omxplayer has never mirrored to both screens (you could choose which display to use via --display), so I'm not sure what you were running.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

mrKrecik

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:05 am

Yes, you're right. I mentioned omxplayer because I show pictures (with uzbl) and movies (with omxplayer). I didn't realised that in my playlist there where only pictures. :)

So, this problem concerns uzbl opening with LXDE (lxsession autostarts uzbl).

I use Raspbian Lite.

BTW, is there any playerer that plays mirrored movie on both screens?

mrKrecik

Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Ok, I've got it.

Rpi4 removed this file in RW mode:
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-fbturbo.conf

After copying this file into /etc/X11/xorg.conf, problem was solved.

Return to “Advanced users”