wpballa1

Buster Lite and Raspi-config

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 am

I just loaded up an sd card with Buster Lite. Everything went well until I tried to set the keyboard where I got mostly gobbledygook characters (just black boxes). It managed to do language and time zone just fine, then went awol, so it looks like the language table is messed up somehow. Anybody else find this problem? I expect most are using the full Buster which seems to start up fine as long as you don't let it do the software update which hangs on a message part way through. Doing the update/upgrade manually allows you to address that problem.

klricks

Re: Buster Lite and Raspi-config

Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:44 am

wpballa1 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 am
I just loaded up an sd card with Buster Lite. Everything went well until I tried to set the keyboard where I got mostly gobbledygook characters (just black boxes). It managed to do language and time zone just fine, then went awol, so it looks like the language table is messed up somehow. Anybody else find this problem? I expect most are using the full Buster which seems to start up fine as long as you don't let it do the software update which hangs on a message part way through. Doing the update/upgrade manually allows you to address that problem.
Known issue see here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 6&t=243640
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Advanced users”