anthonyjyao

How to run python jupyter notebook on raspberry pi and connect to it from elsewhere

Thu May 23, 2019 12:47 am

I would like to use a raspberry pi as a server for a jupyter notebook and connect to it over wifi from another device. How would I do that? Thanks.

topguy

Re: How to run python jupyter notebook on raspberry pi and connect to it from elsewhere

Thu May 23, 2019 8:04 am

You either connect the Pi and the "another device" to the same wifi router or you can follow this guide https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... s-point.md to make the Pi a wifi access point.

epoch1970

Re: How to run python jupyter notebook on raspberry pi and connect to it from elsewhere

Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 am

After having installed the access point, you'll need to install Jupyter on the Pi.

I've never actually ran Jupyter Notebooks on a Pi3, I surmise it would execute lightweight notebooks. I think your only option is native Jupyter Notebook install, since some if not all Docker Hub images pre-built by the Jupyter project seem to currently have dependencies on x86.

If your notebooks are too heavy for a Pi, maybe you want to have a look at mybinder.org (= Jupyter Notebooks on-demand -aka JupyterHub- in the cloud). It spawns your own Jupyter Notebook container from notebooks and dependencies held in the git (GitHub) repository of your choice. Demos of this here (click on the "launch binder" labels)
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

Return to “Advanced users”