gregorylama

VertTwoFingerScroll on RaspberryPi Lite

Sun May 12, 2019 11:17 pm

What packages should I install or what should I configure to get Two Finger Vertical Scroll to work on the RaspberryPi?

B.Goode

Re: VertTwoFingerScroll on RaspberryPi Lite

Mon May 13, 2019 10:11 am

Welcome to the Raspberry Pi forums.

gregorylama wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:17 pm
What packages should I install or what should I configure to get Two Finger Vertical Scroll to work on the RaspberryPi?

I suspect you will need to provide considerably more detail about your background before anyone can offer meaningful advice.

For example -

What model of RPi board? There is no 'Lite' hardware.

What Operating System is running on your RPi board? (Because the Lite variant of Raspbian does not have the software components needed to create a graphical Desktop, which seems like a prerequisite for touch control?)

What device are you using as your touch-aware input?

gregorylama

Mon May 13, 2019 4:16 pm

I suspect you will need to provide considerably more detail about your background before anyone can offer meaningful advice.

For example -

What model of RPi board? There is no 'Lite' hardware.

What Operating System is running on your RPi board? (Because the Lite variant of Raspbian does not have the software components needed to create a graphical Desktop, which seems like a prerequisite for touch control?)

What device are you using as your touch-aware input?
Raspberry Pi 3 B+

The operating system being run is Rasbian Lite image found here (https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/)

I have installed the following packages: xorg && openbox && firefox-esr. When I try to scroll in Firefox with two fingers it fails to work in a similar fashion as the Raspbian desktop image.

All of this is being done on the 7-inch Raspberry Pi touchscreen device.

Thank you

drgeoff

Mon May 13, 2019 4:46 pm

I'm not familiar with "two finger scroll". One finger scroll and two finger zoom, yes I understand those.

rpdom

Mon May 13, 2019 4:54 pm

drgeoff wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:46 pm
I'm not familiar with "two finger scroll". One finger scroll and two finger zoom, yes I understand those.
One finger scroll and two-finger zoom work on my android phone.

One finger to move the mouse pointer and two fingers to scroll works on the touchpad of my laptop. Move two fingers up or down the pad to move the contents of the current window.
Signature is on holiday.

gregorylama

Mon May 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Is there a way to get one finger scroll to work on the Raspberry Pi? I just need touch screen scrolling without touching the scrollbar on the right side of a window.

Andyroo

Mon May 13, 2019 9:46 pm

This may work - it was to emulate a mouse wheel rather than click and select https://superuser.com/questions/376692/ ... 798#376798

There are some details on how it all hangs together in Debian here
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

bedtime

Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am

gregorylama wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:06 pm
Is there a way to get one finger scroll to work on the Raspberry Pi? I just need touch screen scrolling without touching the scrollbar on the right side of a window.
Chrome browser should allow this by default. I'm typing this message right now on a touchscreen and one finger scroll works perfectly without any intervention. The real issue comes when you want to select text,

Return to “Advanced users”