Napoleon_BlownApart

AlexNet: libGLES_mali.so & libmali.so missing

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:00 pm

I'm trying the Running AlexNet on Raspberry Pi with Compute Library
tutorial on my Raspberry Pi 3 but after successfully completing all the preparatory steps, the test fails to classify the 'go-kart' image.

On my Pi, I have Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS installed (not Mate). Details below:

Code: Select all

user@pi:[23:21]:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
Hardware	: BCM2709
Revision	: a22082
user@pi:[23:21]:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Release:	16.04
Codename:	xenial

I compiled the ComputeLibrary with 'opencl=1' but removed '-j2' as it was misinterpreted as a make target, using:

scons Werror=1 debug=0 asserts=0 neon=1 opencl=1 examples=1 build=native

Running the 'go-kart' test produced the following result, which is incorrect as it didn't classify the image:

user@pi:[22:17]:~/Programming/CNN/ComputeLibrary$ ./build/examples/graph_alexnet 0 $PATH_ASSETS $PATH_ASSETS/go_kart.ppm $PATH_ASSETS/labels.txt

./build/examples/graph_alexnet

Threads : 1
Target : NEON
Data type : F32
Data layout : NHWC
Tuner enabled? : false
Tuner file :
Fast math enabled? : false

Can't load libOpenCL.so: libOpenCL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Can't load libGLES_mali.so: libGLES_mali.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Can't load libmali.so: libmali.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't find any OpenCL library.

Test passed

From the error I realised that I didn't have OpenCL installed and possibly OpenGLES either, so I installed the following

sudo apt-get install ocl-icd-opencl-dev ocl-icd-dev
sudo apt-get install cmake libx11-dev xorg-dev libglu1-mesa-dev freeglut3-dev libglew1.5 libglew1.5-dev libglu1-mesa libglu1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dev

I now have /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libOpenCL.so but I don't have the other two. However, I do have /usr/lib/libGLESv2.so.

In the mean time, I'm rebuilding with 'opencl=0' to see if it works without the GPU boost, but I really want to utilise the VideoCore IV.
Update : Running the test after rebuilding produced:

user@pi:[ 1:45]:~/Programming/CNN/ComputeLibrary$ ./build/examples/graph_alexnet 0 $PATH_ASSETS $PATH_ASSETS/go_kart.ppm $PATH_ASSETS/labels.txt

./build/examples/graph_alexnet

Threads : 1
Target : NEON
Data type : F32
Data layout : NHWC
Tuner enabled? : false
Tuner file :
Fast math enabled? : false

Killed

What does "Killed" mean here?

How/where can I get libGLES_mali.so and libmali.so? I've seen some advice suggesting symlinking things but my situation doesn't seem to fit what I've seen. Also, do I need to build VC4CL still?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Nap

topguy

Re: AlexNet: libGLES_mali.so & libmali.so missing

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 am

"Killed" usually means that Linux didnt like something that your program tried to do and "killed" it.

"mali" is as far as I can remember a series of GPUs made by ARM. I'm pretty sure the Pi doesnt have one.

Napoleon_BlownApart

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:49 am

The Pi has a VideoCore IV GPU, so I'll go ahead and install VC4CL and see if that gets things going.

Gavinmc42

Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:26 am

I compiled the Compute library with NEON but with no OpenCL as that only supports Mali.
I use Gentoo64, and in that Pi forum is Sakaki's how to compile it.

doe300's VC4CL might not be compatible as I don't think it is 100% OpenCL yet.

You might want to look at Tensorflow lite as that does work on Pi3's, so they say.
I'm dancing on Rainbows.
Raspberries are not Apples or Oranges

Return to “Advanced users”