gks9754

motioneye on a raspberry pi CM3

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:14 pm

HI guys.. I need your help again..

I followed this https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneye/wi ... n-Raspbian there was no error while I installed motioneye on my CM3 .

I already enabled two pi cameras(v.2 normal and noir)

I think it should work automatically when I start my raspberry pi but it didn't.

Code: Select all

$ sudo apt-get install ffmpeg v4l-utils
 $ sudo apt-get install libmariadbclient18 libpq5

$ sudo wget https://github.com/Motion-Project/motion/releases/download/release-4.1.1/pi_stretch_motion_4.1.1-1_armhf.deb
 $ sudo dpkg -i pi_stretch_motion_4.1.1-1_armhf.deb

$ sudo apt-get install python-pip python-dev libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjpeg-dev libz-dev

$ sudo pip install motioneye

$ sudo mkdir -p /etc/motioneye
 $ sudo cp /usr/local/share/motioneye/extra/motioneye.conf.sample /etc/motioneye/motioneye.conf
 $ sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/motioneye

$ sudo cp /usr/local/share/motioneye/extra/motioneye.systemd-unit-local /etc/systemd/system/motioneye.service
 $ sudo systemctl daemon-reload
 $ sudo systemctl enable motioneye
 $ sudo systemctl start motioneye

That is what I did

Do i have to enable SSH?? http://www.umpah.net/raspberry-pi-secur ... motioneye/

Isn't it for using motioneye on a laptop or other computer??

when I see camera screens on a raspbian, I don't need to enable SSH right??..please say..right..

Is there anyone who knows how to do that..?
Last edited by gks9754 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: motioneye on a raspberry pi CM3

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Moved to the Advanced Users board, where you're more likely to get some help with what is unlikely to be a Compute Module-specific issue.

gks9754

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:37 pm

thanks...

DarkPlatinum

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Why not try installing the image for MotionEyeOS? Or are you trying to just do it on Raspbian? BTW, what is actually different between computer modules and the raspberry pi 3b+? Could you tell me the specs, CPU speed, RAM, etc. Thx ;)
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi Zero W :) ): Https://Html.dynu.net

gks9754

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Yes I'm just trying to do it on the raspbian.

I don't quite know what the difference between Compute module 3 and just Rpi b+ but..I have to use two cameras for a project I'm doing.

and CM3(compute module 3) has two port for camera that was the first reason why I choose this...

installing a motioneye image on my CM3, Does that mean I delete a raspbian? so, I can't use a raspbian right?

and I should enable SSH.... so, I'm just going to install motioneye on a raspbian..

DarkPlatinum

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:30 pm

If you want to install on raspbian you can't delete raspbian. Search MotionEye on Raspbian" on google. Follow the instuctions for installing it. For ssh, you need to enable it in the sudo raspi-config setting.
1 * Raspberry Pi Zero W, 1 * Raspberry Pi 2, 1 * Raspberry Pi 3 1 * Raspberry Pi 3B + :mrgreen:

Check Out My Raspberry Site (Run on a Raspberry Pi Zero W :) ): Https://Html.dynu.net

fruitoftheloom

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:28 pm

gks9754 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:35 pm
Yes I'm just trying to do it on the raspbian.

I don't quite know what the difference between Compute module 3 and just Rpi b+ but..I have to use two cameras for a project I'm doing.

and CM3(compute module 3) has two port for camera that was the first reason why I choose this...

installing a motioneye image on my CM3, Does that mean I delete a raspbian? so, I can't use a raspbian right?

and I should enable SSH.... so, I'm just going to install motioneye on a raspbian..

Considering that your CM3 only has a 4GB eMMC, it would make more sense to just install the MotionEyeOS:

https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneyeos/ ... stallation
Adieu

gks9754

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 am

I've already installed Motioneye on a raspbian. but I don't know How to run it..I read that a Motioneye run automatically when I start raspbian(on this website https://github.com/ccrisan/motioneye/wi ... n-Raspbian).. but It didn't..

My raspberry pi is a light version so I'm using a SD card(64G)

DarkPlatinum

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Did you visit the ip address of your CM3 in a web browser? You need to use port 8765, ie: 192.168.0.4:8765

Return to “Advanced users”