ChrP

RaspberryPi3 not booting (red light solid)

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Model: Raspberry Pi 3

First, I have a good background in hardware and software development, so I have tried most troubleshooting strategies. That being said, it would be great if I have missed something and the product can be recovered.

Within one week of purchasing it and it working well, the Pi was accumulating errors and then would not reboot (things like apt-get were not working all of a sudden because of library errors, etc.). The SD card then became completely corrupted (even the geometry of the card was corrupted). The SD card was a SanDisk that is supported (not likely counterfeit). I bought a new SD card and it worked for several months, but then all of a sudden it stopped working. I found the RPi with all the lights on and it was not connected to the network anymore. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now only the red light turns on (not booting from SD card). I have tried multiple other SD cards with no success.

I know there is likely a hardware issue but I am assuming it is likely defective (SD card corrupting within a few days then not able to boot from any SD card a few months later).

Any suggestions would be helpful, I have gone through multiple troubleshooting articles, posts, etc. but since the SD card won't boot and I have tried multiple, and have also swapped power supplies, then assuming I have done all the regular troubleshooting.

hippy

Re: RaspberryPi3 not booting (red light solid)

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 am

Is your Pi a 3B or a 3B+ ? The 3B+ has a metal square embossed with the Raspberry Pi logo towards the top left corner of the board.

It would be worth contacting your retailer to see what "return, test, repair or replace" service or warranty they offer.

Return to “Advanced users”