7fh3498f

Restricting physical access to RPiB+...

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Guys

I would like to ask what are yours best practices restricting physical access to you RPi's. What I would like to achieve is to make impossible/hard to connect any sort of external TV, monitor, screen etc.

What I am using to disable HDMI is:

Code: Select all

/boot/config.txt

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
hdmi_ignore_cec=1
and

Code: Select all

/etc/rc.local

vcgencmd display_power 0
tvservice -o

What worries me is that 3,5mm jack in RPi3B+ which is cabaple somehow to work as some sort of TV out...

Anyone know how to disable that thing?

Also if someone has better idead about turning off HDMI port please let me know.

Thank you.

DougieLawson

Re: Restricting physical access to RPiB+...

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Pull all the cables, put the Raspberry Pi in a bullet proof box, attach a large padlock and you'll be safe.

Anything else needs a compromise. That could mean physical security of the room where your RPi is located. As soon as you connect ANY computer to WiFi or ethernet then it's vulnerable. If I can reach the machine I can steal your SDCard and the data on it. If I can kill the power, I can deny your services. You have to develop a sense of proportion of cost vs security vs convenience.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... ecurity.md

The raspberry in a bullet proof box is very secure, but not at all useful. The Raspberry with an encrypted filesystem is secure, but it's going to need human intervention everytime it reboots.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Return to “Advanced users”