multivers4

Recording video from a Python interface?

Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:25 am

I have a video camera that I would like to use with the pi. The required software for the camera doesn't offer an option to record in the embedded version (only to take snapshots). However, they offer a "third party interface" where you can use python to program over it (build a GUI, do things automatically, etc): https://pypi.org/project/pyueye/

Does anyone know of ready code in Python with a simple GUI that would allow me to record video?

If you don't know of ready code - any suggestions that might make this easier, or ideas of how else to do it?

Thank you!

Hussar

Re: Recording video from a Python interface?

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 am

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. I presume you also use a camera from IDS? I'm trying to code anything functional with the pyueye but my results are not quite satisfying at the moment. I'd also appreciate any further help! Thanks!

multivers4

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Exactly haha. If I get it figured out, I'll post something!

Hussar

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 am

Thanks, so will I!

Hussar

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:27 pm

After contacting the IDS customer service several times and trying different things out, my conclusion is it's not possible to record a video with a decent fps rate over 5 fps with the combination Raspi + uEye XS. That's a shame, because they are praising the great usage of the cam with the pi. but that's the way it is.

(My solution: I bought a small CPU and now I'm using the uEye XS with Windows 10, the CPU is just significantly bigger than the Pi (more expensive though)

Hope this helps.

Return to “Advanced users”