aeromaxx

RPI 2 config.txt and raspi-config

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 pm

I have been using the now older Raspberry Pi B and B+ for a long time, but I had bought a Raspberry Pi 2, before there was a Raspberry Pi 3, but haven't had much time to use it, until now.

I've put the new Raspbian Stretch on it, but it seems keeping it as is, the Pi is running at 700Mhz and not the 1000Mhz I was expecting.

Also running raspi-config seems to be as if it was on a raspberry pi B+ as it mentions that 700Mhz is no overclocking, and 1000Mhz is turbo overclocing.

Is there a newer version of raspi-config perhaps that is for the newer raspberry pi's, and has some overclock presets that are specific to them?

For now is anyone able to help me out with a config.txt that would be suitable as a default for my Raspberry PI 2?

klricks

Re: RPI 2 config.txt and raspi-config

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 am

aeromaxx wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:21 pm
I have been using the now older Raspberry Pi B and B+ for a long time, but I had bought a Raspberry Pi 2, before there was a Raspberry Pi 3, but haven't had much time to use it, until now.

I've put the new Raspbian Stretch on it, but it seems keeping it as is, the Pi is running at 700Mhz and not the 1000Mhz I was expecting.

Also running raspi-config seems to be as if it was on a raspberry pi B+ as it mentions that 700Mhz is no overclocking, and 1000Mhz is turbo overclocing.

Is there a newer version of raspi-config perhaps that is for the newer raspberry pi's, and has some overclock presets that are specific to them?

For now is anyone able to help me out with a config.txt that would be suitable as a default for my Raspberry PI 2?
sudo raspi-config on my version 1.1 RPi 2 with Stretch OS shows default of 900MHz (no OC).

Did you upgrade from Jessie or do a fresh install?

Here is some info on OC: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... erclocking
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

aeromaxx

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am

klricks wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 am
Did you upgrade from Jessie or do a fresh install?
I did a fresh install of stretch lite from the raspberry pi dot org downloads page.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 am

900 is the base speed. It will increase as CPU demand rises. So test it while the machine is under load to ensure it is going up to the maximum.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Return to “Advanced users”