scooter800m

ssh over usb file transfers

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:20 am

so i have a raspberry pi zero wireless that has been configured for ssh over usb and what not. the problem i'm running into is that because i have raspbian lite installed i need to use raspbian terminal and/or windows commandline commands but every one that i've found on the web is either not for this or just doesn't work. even the turorials and help pages for doing this on the raspbian website don't work at all. PLEASE HELP ME TRANSFER MY STINKIN FILES!!

scruss

Re: ssh over usb file transfers

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:34 am

We might need some more details.

Is your Zero W only configured for USB networking?

Can you connect to it from the machine it's plugged into with something like ssh [email protected]?

If you can connect that way, you can move files with scp [email protected]:file .. I think putty's pscp works the same way.
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

scooter800m

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:30 am

its not configured for only ssh over usb as i can set it up as a standalone machine.

and i've tried the scp thing (if that's what it's called) and i couldn't get it to work so either it isn't working on my machine or that the online raspbian instructions for it aren't really easy to understand and follow. what would help me out greatly is how the command works and the arguments used that way i can get it to work.

rpdom

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:36 am

Post examples of what you want to do (file paths, hostnames/IP addresses if 192.168.x.x, usernames - not passwords) and we can try to work out and explain the command line for you. It is fairly simple once you get the basics.

This page from the PuTTY documentation describes how to use pscp and gives some good examples.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:08 am

scooter800m wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:20 am
so i have a raspberry pi zero wireless that has been configured for ssh over usb and what not. the problem i'm running into is that because i have raspbian lite installed i need to use raspbian terminal and/or windows commandline commands but every one that i've found on the web is either not for this or just doesn't work. even the turorials and help pages for doing this on the raspbian website don't work at all. PLEASE HELP ME TRANSFER MY STINKIN FILES!!
May we assume you have put the ZeroW in "gadget mode" ??
Adieu

Paul Webster

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 am

This blog post and the associated comments might help
http://blog.gbaman.info/?p=791

Return to “Advanced users”