Matanya99

Correct way to get Android VNC access to Rpi 3?

Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Hi,
I'm hearing a lot about ways to connect an Android Tablet to a Raspberry pi via usb, but I'm wondering if there is one that actually works. I posted this thread (viewtopic.php?t=176207&sid=d454e447a8c6 ... 9b42c662e5) , and one of the replies was about using x11vnc, but the only tutorial I could find about using it was this one, and its pretty hard to follow: http://mohammedlakkadshaw.com/blog/Andr ... LnxoGWP10s . That being said, is there any actual high quality tutorial that could walk me through the steps? I'm new to networking over usb with the Pi, all I do is python, so I need some guidance. Thanks!
Last edited by Matanya99 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

klricks

Re: Correct way to get Android VNC access to Rpi 3?

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:23 am

On my phone I installed realVNC from ap store and it just worked.
(RPi and phone connected to my router via WIFI).
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

knuxyl

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:40 am

i recommend uninstalling realvnc from raspbian, although when i did it it also uninstall wolfram engine, idek what that is. (included mathemetica or something)

anyways, using x11vnc works perfect. sudo apt-get install x11vnc on raspbian, then any vnc client for whatever platform you are using.

i think u have to uninstall realvnc before u can use x11vnc (and restart) but you just type in terminal
x11vnc
and it will launch the server on your pi without password being required. it's speed on client is so much faster than the realvnc that comes with raspbian, which also requires you to sign up for their service is you update/upgrade raspbian, which is bull

klricks

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:53 am

knuxyl wrote:i recommend uninstalling realvnc from raspbian, although when i did it it also uninstall wolfram engine, idek what that is. (included mathemetica or something)

anyways, using x11vnc works perfect. sudo apt-get install x11vnc on raspbian, then any vnc client for whatever platform you are using.

i think u have to uninstall realvnc before u can use x11vnc (and restart) but you just type in terminal
x11vnc
and it will launch the server on your pi without password being required. it's speed on client is so much faster than the realvnc that comes with raspbian, which also requires you to sign up for their service is you update/upgrade raspbian, which is bull
IMO RealVNC is far better in features and function. You can save user and password in the viewer for 1 click startup.
You can use RealVNC without signing up. The signup is only for the optional cloud service.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Matanya99

Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:17 am

This is all great and stuff, but I still need a tutorial for all of these things you guys are all talking about. I was always told to use tightvnc, but I don't know how to uninstall it. I still need the tutorial.

ElEscalador

Elescalador

Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:07 am

The newest realvnc with vnc connect is amazingly simple - access from outside your home network via their free cloud connection - no port forwarding required. Super simple to get multiple pis/ androids/ pcs connected
Robotics tips, hacks, book extras https://youtube.com/practicalrobotics

sarathkumar341

Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm

1. First You need to do a Headless WiFi setup or At least you need to connect to your WiFi Network one time - https://www.factoryforward.com/raspberr ... ifi-setup/

2. Then download VNC Viewer and put IP address to connect - Tutorial Link - https://www.factoryforward.com/raspberr ... le-screen/

Return to “Advanced users”