AHARRIS22

Homebridge

Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi

Has anyone used homebridge before ? I want to know how to set it up on a RP and if I can use a RP that is already being used for a Kodi Tv box or if I will need a separate RB

DougieLawson

Re: Homebridge

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Microprocessor, Raspberry Pi & Arduino Hacker
Mainframe database troubleshooter
MQTT Evangelist
Twitter: @DougieLawson

Since 2012: 1B*5, 2B*2, B+, A+, Zero*2, 3B*3

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Do not send private messages.

startingup

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 pm

I think you could use a raspberry pi which is already setup for kodi, but it would need to remain turned on constantly, or at least for the hours when you want to use/access homebridge.

I'm fairly sure in one setup guide it mentioned using a pi which is already running OSMC (a stripped down O/S just for kodi). It just involved installing a few more packages before installing homebridge.

ztalbot2000

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 pm

I wanted to see what HomeBridge could do and only had a light so I created a plugin https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-cmd4
that lets you virtualize almost all devices in HomeKit so you can try HomeKit without having any devices at all. This may help some people. You still need a Raspberry Pi or other device to run HomeBridge on, but at least you can try HomeKit out and see what it has to offer..
May I also suggest you try the Eve App, instead of HomeKit. It is better visually and a little more advanced at this time than HomeKit is.

Return to “Advanced users”